Implementing AquaticPrime to an ASS app?

Hello all,

Is it possible at all to implement AquaticPrime framework to an ASS app for registration?

And if so, could anyone give me a hand please, because Ive been struggling with this (I’m just not sure it can be used with ASS).

Otherwise, what other secure registration method can I use? Are there any other out there?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

you can implement AquaticPrime.framework but you cannot access the framework directly in AppleScript Studio.
You need at least a Cocoa controller class

OK, sounds great but how exactly can I do that? does that class have to be in the .applescript file?

I have integrated the AquaticPrime.h file in my project, but I don’t know what to do with it, how can I make the app access it?

Really, I have no idea if I have to do more coding (like making part of the code unavailable if not registered etc), I don’t know how this thing works!

Any help welcome!

There is a Video Podcast tutorial which describes how to implement AquaticPrime in Cocoa.

That’s awesome, I had not found that.

Thank you StefanK :slight_smile:

I have a problem : there is no “class outlets” tab in my Xcode to add the bindings to the AppController object, because I have version 3.2.1 of Xcode and IB.

I mean this → http://grab.by/3dHU

The guy sets Outlet > textView and Type > NSTextView

How can i do an equivalent with the User Defined Runtime Attributes tab ?

define the IBOutlets in Xcode in the .h file and save it. Then they will appear in IB

Great that worked.

However when I try to compile, it finds 24 errors – syntax mistakes for the most part, or undeclared stuff.

I followed the tutorial exactly and copied / pasted exactly as indicated on the aquaprime website… I don’t know what’s wrong. Plus I don’t really know the syntax to begin with, so I’m quite bothered right now…

Cocoacast has a code library for all their podcasts. Download the project and play with it.
http://www.cocoacast.com/?q=node/7

OK I’m down to 1 error only … but I have no clue what it means and how to fix it.

Here is what it says :

I did find something about symbols not found on the AP website, but I don’t know how to set this up :

What “Other Linker Flags” ?

have you added the framework in Xcode with Action Menu > Add existing frameworks ?

No, I dragged the framework into my project and made a new build copy phase, as told in the tutorial

why ?

the framework must appear in Xcode’s sidebar in the Frameworks group folder

Oh it does, that’s not the issue.

I think it has something to do with

because the error message says something about unknown symbols.

Not sure what the “other linker flags” are though… so I dont know how to add “-lcrypto” or where!

I don’t know, maybe there’s something new in Snow Leopard.
In Leopard I added the framework in Xcode with Add existing frameworks, AquaticPrime.h to Classes and made a copy build phase. That’s it

I honestly don’t know.

Could it be a interference with my application itself or its settings ?

highlight the target (in Targets) in the sidebar, press ⌘I, goto tab Build add lcrypto to the property Other Linker Flags

I found that property 15 minutes ago and added it, but it still won’t compile !!

I just tested it with a new created AppleScript Studio project without the lcrypto thing.
Compiles and works fine

Should I install the previous version of Xcode then?
I’m getting completely frustrated as I have no idea what to do here…

EDIT | StefanK could you put that new little project online for me so I can see if I’m doing anything wrong please?