Forwarding from Microsoft Outlook 2016

Hi:

I now have to use an Exchange Server that will not let you make a rule to forward messages to a destination outside of its domain. However, I would still like to forward certain email notices to one of our other domains.

Does anyone have an example of a simple forward from Microsoft Outlook 2016? My current plan is to periodically scan the Inbox, say every five minutes, for unforwarded messages from a certain address and forward them to a single outside address. I’m running Sierra and Outlook 2016 (not Outlook 365).

Any example, tips, or insights appreciated!

Hi Kerflooey,

I use this for forwarding messages in Outlook 2011, not 2016.
Not sure if it will give you a start.

The relevant email is selected prior to running. I’ve placed it in the script menu.

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"
	set theSelection to selection
	forward (item 1 of theSelection) to "theEmail@address.com" with opening window
end tell

HTH

Hi and thanks. Your script creates a new forwarding message window which is all filled in except for the TO address field. This is actually the main problem I’m having so far: getting the TO address field filled in!

Funny, I keep running into you. :smiley:

Did you ever find a solution to this? Working on the same script updates as my other post, and forwarding is not working for me either.

No, but I saved a URL with a possible workaround: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42982738/applescript-for-outlook-v15-recipients-wont-populate. Please let me know if that works for you!

Hot damn, you did it!!!

All I had to do was add the “without opening” bit, as below. I have theAssign defined in a list previously, but an address in quotes works as well. Brilliant!
I’ll do more testing tomorrow.
Thanks!!!

set newMessage to forward item 1 in selectedMessages to theAssign without opening window

And thank you for testing that!