filteredArrayUsingPredicate with array of dictionaries

For some reason this only works with “Red” in the field for argumentArray and the variable doesn’t work. Can someone help me understand why?

Works:

set theArray to current application's NSArray's arrayWithArray:apiRes
set thePred to current application's NSPredicate's predicateWithFormat:"colorName = %@" argumentArray:{"Red"}

set resultAPI2 to (theArray's filteredArrayUsingPredicate:thePred)'s firstObject() as record

Doesn’t work:

Set colorSearch to "Red"
set thePred to current application's NSPredicate's predicateWithFormat:"colorName = %@" argumentArray:{colorSearch}

set resultAPI2 to (theArray's filteredArrayUsingPredicate:thePred)'s firstObject() as record

Both versions seem to work for me. Version one:

use framework "Foundation"
use scripting additions

set apiRes to {{colorName:"Red", colorID:"aa"}, {colorName:"Blue", colorID:"bb"}, {colorName:"Red", colorID:"cc"}}
set thePred to current application's NSPredicate's predicateWithFormat:"colorName = %@" argumentArray:{"Red"}
set resultAPI2 to (theArray's filteredArrayUsingPredicate:thePred)'s firstObject() as record --> {colorName:"Red", colorID:"aa"}

Version two:

use framework "Foundation"
use scripting additions

set apiRes to {{colorName:"Red", colorID:"aa"}, {colorName:"Blue", colorID:"bb"}, {colorName:"Red", colorID:"cc"}}
set colorSearch to "Red"
set thePred to current application's NSPredicate's predicateWithFormat:"colorName = %@" argumentArray:{colorSearch}
set resultAPI2 to (theArray's filteredArrayUsingPredicate:thePred)'s firstObject() as record --> {colorName:"Red", colorID:"aa"}

Did I miss something?

No you did not. Odd I can run yours and can’t in my code. Going deeper…thank you

Make sure your importing Foundation

Try changing the predicate from:

set thePred to current application’s NSPredicate’s predicateWithFormat:“colorName = %@” argumentArray:{colorSearch}

To:

set thePred to current application’s NSPredicate’s predicateWithFormat_(“colorName = %@”, colorSearch)

You don’t need the argumentArray